Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Training day

Korea: 06/14/11 Night

Relatively easy but still active day today.. went to my first training session for work. I'm rarely around kids, so it was refreshing to see them joking and having fun, completely unselfconscious. Their enthusiasm was quite contagious.

Some observations:
-Maybe it's just my family, but they drink coffee here after every meal. A few years ago I couldn't have cared less about this but because I love coffee now, I've noticed this little ritual.
-I forgot to mention this yesterday, but when you shop in stores, they are on you like white on rice! I started to get mad offended at this shoe store when this worker was following my every move. I even walked, and stopped abruptly to check if she would do the same. Yep. But apparently this is just how they roll here.
-Drivers don't care whether there are human beings in their pathway and will keep driving until you 1. get out of the way or 2. get run over. It really doesn't matter to them. And they like to drive in small alleyways and on pedestrian sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment