Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First day of school!

Korea 06/15/11 Night

Successfully rode the bus and subway to school ALL BY MYSELF today! Yes, I am proud. Made the correct transfers and got off at all the right stops. Even though the commute is an hour, it isn't too stressful and time goes by quickly. I was thinking about why, because in the states, the idea of taking an hour to get to work would make me go crazy, but I think it's because I do zero driving here.


This is the school I work at.. so far, so good, but between me and this blog, I hope that they're not pulling a fast one on me.. yeah. I'll keep it at that.


Teaching wasn't too bad. I ate cafeteria lunch (I made the cardinal mistake of not having my camera with me at all times), then made one class journal about their day, and then for the after school classes, administered tests. The kids are chaotic but sooo cute. They kept asking if I was Korean and trying to speak to me in Korean though. -____- I repeatedly told them that it was English class and to speak English, but at one point some of the kids were doing something that I wasn't sure if they were supposed to, and they couldn't explain in English, so I let them just tell me in Korean. MISTAKE. Because then they all thought it was ok to speak Korean in class. NO. But at the same time, they were so eager to communicate with me that it made my heart melt. :D

They all have English names, and one kid is totally named "T-Rex" HAHAHAHAHA. It is even more hilarious because the kids all think it's a normal name and refer to him as T-Rex with the straightest faces.

I don't go back until a week and a half from now so this is all the school I have until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment