Sunday, June 12, 2011

Let them eat cake

Korea: 06/12/11 Night

06/11/11 recap!





Woke up really early Saturday morning (thanks, jetlag) and walked up this mountain behind my grandma's house. Did not expect this to be so close to where I'm staying, but it's seriously such a breathtaking view.


According to my mom, these walls have been here for thousands of years. They were used during war to shoot weapons through the holes in the wall.


Namsan Tower in the distance.. I think I'm going to visit this sometime this week, but we shall see.





Okay, so Korean grandmas and grandpas are no joke hardcore about their exercise on these machines! This one grandma was literally spinning herself upside down on one of the contraptions like it was nothing. The bottom pic is also evidence.. random workout class.



For lunch one of my aunts took random family members and me to this duck grilling restaurant (Shigol Jib, near/in Anyang). I'm gonna say this about all the food I eat but it was SO GOOD.







It was my birthday that day, and my cousin's birthday a month ago so my aunt bought a cake for us.. honestly, the best cake I have ever eaten and I don't say that lightly. Not too sweet, really soft, fresh, subtle blueberry flavor, and the icing was this yogurt cream. The only reasons why I didn't eat the whole thing was 1. I was super full from duck 2. I'm nice :)


 




 

Afterward we took a walk, and there were a lot of pretty roses around which we took as a sign for a photo op.

 

Lastly, I celebrated with yet another cake at home. I guess I'm getting so old that I need to divide my age between 2 cakes. >_<

Other pictureless highlights of the day:
-Saw the Blue House (equivalent to the White House in the States). Lots of police around, stopping our car and asking what our business was in the area.
-Drove through Itaewon.. for a minute I thought that I was looking at the streets of NY or something. Racially diverse, and a lot of the stores were American and had that look to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment