Friday, June 3, 2011

I hate the sound that goodbyes make



I hate endings! I get sentimental, and blogs cannot escape my long-winded blubberings.

Last day of work today. I was a lot sadder than I expected.. as much as I know that it's time to move on, I will miss working here. Even with all my complaints and irritations, something changed in me over the course of my twelve-month employment where I've grown to care about this little clinic and the people.

It's surprising, because there was a period when I really doubted if I could make it through a whole year. I was really shy and awkward when I first started, and didn't think I could ever feel comfortable being around these drs and assistants. I especially remember a particular day last August almost in tears because of the sheer pettiness that was going on. And while there are unnecessary shenanigans that occur from time to time, for the most part, its like a little work family. You get over it. I still feel quiet around them, but the difference is that I truly have a heart for them now. I feel thankful to have been assigned here to work as opposed to any other clinic at the school.

I'll visit the clinic when I come back to school in the fall, but it'll be a little different. New people coming in, others leaving, and my role will be a student at the school rather than an employee. But I'll think well of this year in grad endo.

No comments:

Post a Comment