Thursday, June 9, 2011

The same but different

Korea: 06/09/11 Night

Safely arrived! After a looooong flight which included an emergency stop in Alaska bc a passenger became ill.

Actually haven't taken any pictures yet. As soon as I got here, I just wanted to slowly/quietly take everything in without trying to haphazardly capture every moment in a photo. Not ready to be touristy yet. It was about an hour drive from Inchon Airport to my family's house, but nice to see bits and pieces of Seoul along the way. Seems like there's lots to see. And eat. :)

My first impression of Korea is that in some ways, it's not all that different from the states. I thought I might be culture shocked at how things worked here, but haven't felt that way yet.

I honestly think I beat jetlag! I tried to take naps on the plane during Korea nighttime, and stay up when it wasn't, so I really feel like I would at 11-ish on a regular night in Virginia. Slightly sleepy but awake enough. The only difference is that I'm sharing a room with my grandma and mom so I should go to bed too.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow but hopefully I'll get to explore a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment