Sunday, June 19, 2011

Feeling fatigued

Korea: 06/19/11 Afternoon

06/18/11
Took even more advantage of the salons here and dyed/straightened my hair. I've come to realize that every day is going to be a surprise here, since I fully did not intend to do either that day.

In the same vein of impromptu activities, I hung out with one of my cousins in the evening. It was essentially him showing me around Daehak-ro and buying me food haha. Not gonna lie though, it was nice having an oppa (older male/"brother" to a female) taking me around and me being the little dongseng. I haven't really had the chance to hang out with him since I got here, but it turns out that I get along with him pretty well. Fun times.

06/19/11
This morning a neighbor stopped by to drop off some conch!




Peeled those suckers out of their shells and ate them! My grandma (above) went to town on them. Again, you never know who or what's going to show up around here.

Then I went to church. I was supposed to go eat raw fish right now, but I think I've eaten enough since I've come to Korea to sustain myself for at least a year so I declined. Plus, I'm starting to feel the fatigue of constantly being on the go. God made Sunday the day of rest for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment