Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Specialization

Today we had a huge lecture on all the different kinds of specialties there are in dentistry. For each specialization, a representative doctor gave a little presentation. Ortho was conspicuously absent from the group. Which was fine by me, since I currently don't see myself pursuing that route.

As of right now, I'm not too keen on specializing (the general dentist sold me on the fact that general dentistry encompasses all specialties), but it is an option that I want to keep open in case I change my mind. Of the ones presented, I am still most interested in endodontics. Maybe because I worked in the dept last year, but it still seems like it would fit my personality the best. However, my roommate thinks I'll be singing a different tune once I actually start practicing/performing root canals next year. We'll see..

No comments:

Post a Comment