Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Prioritizing

I don't think I've even once rolled up to school on time this year. And it's October. School started in August. Bad, bad, bad. I've sheepishly ducked into classrooms so many times it feels like a habit.

However, I'm trying to make some changes around here.

1. Make my lunch ahead of time. It doesn't matter that it only takes 5 minutes to slap together a sandwich, in the mornings 5 minutes is valuable. In the same vein, preparing my materials I need the next day the night before.
2. Wake up at least 30 minutes before I have to leave. Lately, I've been letting myself sleep until 15 minutes before I have to go! I think I have the mentality that because I don't have to think about what I'm going to wear (since I wear the same scrubs everyday), I can just get up, get dressed and go. But then I remember, oh yeah, I should make lunch. Oh yeah, I need to brush my teeth. Oh yeah, I have to eat something. And do I have time to make some coffee? Pretty soon I'm hustlin like I'm running a marathon out the door.

Anyway. Hope this works out.. this being late thing is getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment