Wednesday, October 5, 2011

As the season changes, so do my classes

So. I've traded in Gross Anatomy and DentSim for two new ones, Dental Anatomy and Periodontics. I must say, the change is for the better so far.

Dental Anatomy consists of lecture, and then carving teeth out of wax. Today was my first time in working in the lab. It's pretty relaxing, once you get into the zone. My ipod battery died earlier in the day (RIP Steve Jobs btw.. his ipod has made many a run/walk/travel that much more enjoyable for me), but I'm definitely charging it tonight to listen to while working tomorrow.

And Perio! A Godsend. The dr/professor is very type A. The class is extremely organized and structured, down to a seating chart. I thrive on this type of instruction. I hate when things are unclear and loosey goosey. I know what exactly expected of me by the teacher, and vice versa. Some people might dislike the rigidity, but it's like I can almost relax because I know there won't be any curveballs thrown at me, or missing pieces that I might forget. Unlike some other classes I'm studying for right now.. a couple of them have been a lecture here, a lecture there with no consistency in time/place, and then like 2989483 documents that we're supposed to sift through and memorize.

Tentative opinions.. I may change my mind as the semester goes on..

No comments:

Post a Comment