Thursday, October 27, 2011

Long day

Today I spent 8 hours in lab. 4 hours in Operative, cutting preparations on teeth, and 4 in Dental Anatomy for a competency where I had to carve a tooth out of a block of wax.

By the end of the day, I was TIRED. My hand was cramped from carving, and sitting for such a long time is surprisingly exhausting. But, a funny realization occurred: I enjoy this. I think it's especially telling that I like the work, despite the fact that I still feel mediocre at what I do.

To be honest, at this point, even if I hated dental school, I wouldn't quit. I'm too far into this, I worked too hard to get here. Some people, ie of the "life's too short to not be happy" school of thought, may disagree with this hypothetical decision, but it's such a relief to know that so far, I think I'm in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment