Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That which we call a rose/By any other name would smell as sweet.


My friend randomly invited me to go see Romeo and Juliet in Maymont Park today. I've never gone to an outdoor play like this, so I was game. It was packed! And we came late, so we sat kinda far away and couldn't really hear anything. We ended up leaving during intermission. Even still, it was a good experience. The weather was nice, and I liked the ambiance of sitting around, watching a live-acted play. I would go again.. only next time bring food, folding chairs, and show up earlier. And maybe brush up on my Shakespeare.. it's been a while since I've read R&J and I kept having to think back to my English lit days to remember who was who (especially since I really could not hear anything they were saying). But this is one of the many little things to check out in Richmond.. hopefully I'll never run out of them while I'm living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment