Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday morning

Faith is not conjuring up, through an act of your will, a sense of certainty that something is going to happen. No, it is recognizing God's promise as an actual fact, believing it is true, rejoicing in the knowledge of that truth, and then simply resting because God said it.
-May 1 entry of Streams in the Desert
Did not make it to church today, and instead did a short devotional. I tend to do the former than the latter when I seek faith, because it is so hard to just let go of control and let God work in me. I like the phrase "actual fact". God's promise is an actual fact, just like we breathe in O2 molecules, or 2+2=4.

Histo all day! :( Ok, so tooth development is pretty crazy to learn about.. but even still, I can't wait until this class is officially over tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment