Monday, November 21, 2011

Makeup remover product review

I recently noticed I've been running low on my current make-up remover:

L'Oreal Clean Artiste make-up remover

and my reaction was of relief.. because I can FINALLY move on to another brand. Honestly, this is the worst MUR ever! I used to use its sister, the non-"Clean Artiste" regular L'Oreal MUR which worked ok, and thought that this would be an upgrade, but no. No no no. All it does is dissolve eye make-up into oil, and when I try to wipe it off, smears it all over my face. At night, I just want to take off my make-up, wash my face, and go to bed asap. Instead, I have to deal with an oily, eyeliner/mascara-induced mess! And even when I allegedly wipe it all off (after way too many cotton balls), and wash/dry my face, I still get make-up residue on my towel. Not cool, man.

So I switched. To this:

Neutrogena make-up remover



I've only used it once so far, but I will say it's better than the former (though the bar is set pretty low). It still has a smearing effect, but clean-up is a lot easier. It picked up almost all of the residue from my eyeliner, but I still didn't feel completely clean. All in all, it just seems like a slightly better version of the L'Oreal. Not completely satisfied.. maybe it'll change my mind in time.

I had the chance to use my friend's Clinique MUR once, and that seems to be the gold standard for me.. at least I know that quality ones exist! One swipe on the eye with a cotton pad, and it picked up every little bit of make-up. No fuss, no muss. However, it costs a pretty penny (look it up, M! :P).. I might invest in it anyway though if my frustrations keep up.

My quest for good, cheap make-up remover continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment