Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So. This is jetlag.

It's 2:20am EST and there isn't the slightest chance I'm going to be sleeping soon.

Safely made it back home early yesterday morning! My first observation upon coming back to Virginia was how spacious it is.. even NoVa seemed like rural countryside compared to crowded Seoul.

As nice as it is to be home, I miss Korea already! Even as I was traveling back home reflecting on my trip, the whole thing kind of feels like a dream. Like did that really happen? At baseline, I think I would have enjoyed being there. But I was really blessed with family (esp family) and friends who went over and beyond to make sure it was a good experience. I am indebted.

But of course, I do realize all good things must come to an end. :)

Since I have nothing to do for the next couple of weeks before dschool, I figured I would reminisce and post pics I never got a chance to while I was in Korea. I got super lazy about taking pics towards the end though.. and this is going to be chronologically backwards.. oh well..


My last breakfast in Korea.. this is what I ate every single morning. My aunt runs a sort of boarding house for some local college students and feeds them breakfast/dinner so this might be more variety than normal. In the US, I'm used to eating a piece of fruit and maybe cereal/oatmeal in the morning so this was sometimes too much, too early for my body to process haha. But it was good!


Random performance on the streets of Insadong.


Met up with M and her mom in Insadong on Sunday. Lots of handmade crafts and shops. This is the last day we got to see each other so ajumma bought us matching bracelets at one of the stores. lol.. like I mentioned, she really wants us to be best friends. Good thing it turns out we do get along pretty well.


My second week at school (work) was quite different from the first. To be honest I don't think I put as much heart into it as I did the first week. Even still, on my last day (and the students' last day as well, since the school gets new kids every week) one of the girls in my homeroom gave me a present and wrote me a note in English. So sweet.

 

Ate at this woodfired pizza place that also served 떡볶이/라면 with J one evening. It was ok. Maybe this is Captain Obvious speaking but yeah. Don't go to Korea for pizza. Not even Mr. Pizza. But that is another post for another day..

No comments:

Post a Comment