Monday, July 4, 2011

Miss Independent no more.. for the time being

Korea: 07/04/11 Night (Happy 4th! I actually forgot that it was today until 3pm or so)

I'm experiencing a steep learning curve when it comes to living with a nuclear family, and one that is a bit overprotective of me. Back in Richmond, I'm used to living on my own, doing things without having to answer to anyone. Even when I'm at home, my mom is pretty relaxed, and I don't do anything that would be considered worrisome.

Here is a different story. And it's understandable in certain respects.. I'm a foreign kid and they assume responsibility for me. But also, they have a pretty set schedule as a family and I'm constantly having to keep them in the loop about any changes to my own schedule. But sometimes I forget, and then there are consequences to my actions. Minor, of course, but for some reason it's such a foreign way to live for me. Maybe it's good that I'm here.. to learn to not live so selfishly..

No comments:

Post a Comment