Thursday, August 1, 2013

NYC, in pictures


The first couple of days, I stayed at the Millennium Hilton downtown, courtesy of my buddy who currently works in the Financial District. We had an amazing view from the room, and one of the new World Trade Centers is located right in front of the hotel.


On Thursday afternoon, my friends H and M and I went to go see Broadway performances at Bryant Park. I went last year, but it wasn't as good this time. In fact, some of the acts made me not want to go see them. Sorry, Charlies.


Two of my favorite peeps! Gratuitous photos of us hanging out in the Big Apple. :)


For lunch, we stopped at Ippudo's new location in Midtown. At first, I inhaled the ramen and could not get over how good it was (better than Totto, in my opinion). But later, the greasiness got the best of me. :( Still, I cannot deny how delicious it was when I ate it.. the rainy weather probably helped with my appetite for something warm and soupy. The ambiance of the place was clean and modern. AND PORK BUNS. WERE SO WONDERFUL.


The next day, we woke up before the crack of dawn to try to score some Jimmy Fallon show tickets. Unfortunately, we did not get to see the show, but it was a very close call. Sigh.. next time, Jimmy. I shall grace your audience with my presence!



Saturday, I had the chance to watch Cirque du Soleil in a VIP suite at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn, thanks to my friend and her cousins. Twas nice! Felt so rich and VIP for a few hours. :)


And later that night, my friends and I participated in a 5K Glow Run at Citi Field in Queens. It was really fun, despite people not actually running during the race.


And for my last meal in NYC, Dominican food. Malecon! Oh man, if they made a restaurant near me I would be their loyalest customer. Plantains, yellow rice, yuca, roasted chicken.. mmm mm.

And that is the end of that trip! Good times with good people! Sorry for the lack of any kind of storytelling and/or transitions between pictures. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment