Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jamaica 2.0

I want keep up a more consistent site!

If only so that all the pictures that I take don't just hide away in my phone, never to see the light of day.

Hence, I blog.

Today I think I'll focus a bit on my Jamaica trip. I won't provide much commentary, but overall it was a good learning experience, both in the clinic and just working with the people on the trip. While schedule-wise it was mostly the same as the trip I went on last year, I will say it was a different dynamic due to the larger group with varying personalities this time.



On the Black River boat tour, featuring crocodiles...


...and dolphins!






Working in the clinic (permission granted by the patient to take this pic).



Our fearless dentist leaders.


This tooth was particularly memorable to extract. First, because it was a wisdom tooth, far back in the mouth where it was hard to see. But also, as I was trying to extract, the crown fractured off due to the extent of the decay, and I essentially lost my grip on the tooth. Instead, I had to slowly elevate the root out. I really wanted to give up and get one of the dentists to come help me but I was determined to keep trying. Eventually it came out! One of my proudest moments on the trip.


The food this year was just as good as the last.. can't go wrong with lobster!


Zip lining at YS Falls.


Sunrise in Jamaica on my last day of the trip.


And to end on a totally unrelated note, a beautiful sunset in Norfolk, VA.

Tomorrow... NYC recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment