Sunday, August 11, 2013

Don't it feel like sunshine after all?

Fun weekend!


First, my dear friend H came home after being abroad for a looooong time, and I went up to Northern VA to help in a surprise party to welcome her back! It was so good to finally see each other in person again. Hopefully, being on the same continent will help us see each other more often. Love you, H! :)



Then tonight, I had the chance to see Jimmy Eat World! When I was a freshman in high school, their song "The Middle" started to become popular, and I was intrigued by this new type of music that I found myself connecting with. Before then, I was mainly listening to the likes of Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys (publicly, I was a staunch BSBer, but I secretly also liked N*Sync. The truth is now out!). In response to my interest in the band, this guy that I met in one of my classes that year gave me a burned CD of Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American. After one listen, I was hooked. So now I think of them as sort of the gateway to the type of music that I enjoy to this day, and they'll always have a place in my heart.



Honestly though, I kind of forgot about them in recent years, but going to see them reminded me of why I like them. Also, they are sooo good live. I would totally see them again, especially because there were so many songs that they didn't have time to play, but I would love to hear in concert at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment