Thursday, May 3, 2012

Do payphones still exist? And the end of the school year

I hate 99% of pop radio music. Actually, that's a lie. I actively dislike about a quarter of it (enough to switch the station), tolerate more than half, and get addicted to only 2-3 songs at a time. Though usually, these songs get so played out that I can't stand listening to them anymore, or they just get "old", and are buried underneath another pile of new, unceasingly awful tunes.

But one song I'm kinda feeling is Maroon 5's "Payphone". It's catchy. This, and that "Call Me Maybe" song.

Hey, we all have our musical guilty pleasures. :)

Anyway, that's what I'm listening to as I type. I cleaned out my bench table in lab today. It was oddly reminiscent of high school, emptying out my locker at the end of the year with a sense of tangible finality. The humid heat, promising summer, as I left this afternoon heightened the similarities.

It felt good. Seeing the drawers that used to hold all my dental supplies completely devoid of any trace of my presence suggested symbolism: I survived the year. I made it through.

I just have one more competency tomorrow.. hope I pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment