Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wonder


This just earned itself a place on my list of favorites. A rare gem. I don't remember a book that made me cry this much, especially so early on.

It breaks my heart when kids are robbed of a carefree childhood. It's just not fair.

But that Auggie.. he truly is a wonder. Did not expect a little fifth grade boy to change me, to teach me about life today, but he did.

As an aside, I felt so old, reading about the teachers, parents, and students communicating through texts and emails. Googling and Facebooking. When I was in fifth grade, internet was still a relatively newfangled concept! I don't even think I knew anyone who owned a cell phone, let alone have one myself. The idea of texting would have blown my mind!

"Everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their life because we all overcometh the world." -August Pullman

No comments:

Post a Comment