Tuesday, May 29, 2012

God answers prayers

For most of my childhood, I was a chubby kid. I didn't necessarily see this in myself (and I thank God, otherwise I might have had serious body image issues in adolescence), but from the teasing and comments that others made, it was obviously an undesirable trait. So what did I, who learned that God answers prayers, do? I prayed about it. I wasn't sure how he was going to fix this, but I still prayed that something would happen.

Guess what-I turned 12, had a growth spurt, and all my baby fat went away. Again, I wasn't conscious of the change as it occurred, but I remember being inundated for a while with questions on how I lost weight.

This is truly a God-answered prayer, and to this day I credit him for responding to such a simple, relatively shallow prayer request. It's a funny one, but it also reminds me that God answers prayers in ways that I don't expect. As an 8-year-old, I had no idea about puberty-induced growth spurts. But God did. haha.. I can't believe I'm talking about this on here. All glory to God. :)

So yeah. I think that episode tells me that it's ok to ask for what I truly want. But God may answer in a pretty unexpected, crazy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment