Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Siblings

I ate lunch with my brother today. Because it was cold and rainy, I was craving pho. And, as it turned out, so was the rest of the city.. pho restaurants must love this weather! The first place we went to was packed, so I suggested we just go to the other, less popular one down the street. Our discussion:

Me: Should we go to Vietnam 1?
Bro: Ok. But I hope it isn't closed on Mondays.
Me: It's Tuesday.
Bro: It's Wednesday.

LOL. Owned. Apparently the S siblings are really bad with the days of the week.


Anyway. So maybe I was subconsciously thinking about family/siblings afterward, because this was what I picked up for my break time reading material during my typical study sesh at B&N.

I love learning about personalities and what makes people who they are.. although surprisingly, I was never especially keen on psychology/sociology classes in college. This book doesn't really say anything new about typical traits of oldest/middle/youngest/only children, but it's fun making comparisons with myself, as well as people I know. I slightly deviate from the standard oldest sibling.. while I am a serious, parent pleasing, goal setting/achieving, list making, first born daughter, I lack natural leadership skills and kind of have the secretive and diplomatic tendencies of a middle child for some reason. My brother is a through-and-through fun-loving, social butterfly, baby of the family.

So yes, I think birth order does have impact on personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment