Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Troy Davis

A man on death row, even though he may be innocent. While unfortunately this is not a unique theme in the judicial system, this particular story has been haunting me since I heard about it for some reason. Kept thinking about it today, and I am following what's going on right now. He has not been executed yet, as I type these words, even though he was scheduled to around 7pm. I cannot fathom what he's going through right now (is he anxious? at peace? in agony?) and my heart goes out to him, and his family. Obviously, I can't say for certain that he is an innocent man, but if there is substantial reason to believe that he did not do the crime, he should NOT be executed at this point!

Edit. He died at 11:08pm. This is not right. Rest in peace, Mr. Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment