Monday, September 26, 2011

Studying woes

I try not to study late into the night. I value sleep waaaaay more than cramming useless info into my brain. Also, I don't know if this is true for other people, but I have a strong emotional tie to testing. Not only do I feel stressed before an exam (normal) but I also get kind of blue, only to bounce back, free and happy afterward. Late night study sessions just seem to facilitate even greater negative feelings in me. But as I mentioned earlier, I slacked off for the past couple of weeks, so I need to put in my time tonight. In order to keep me going for at least a few more hours, just jotting down some things I am thankful for:
-that my 6 year old computer is a friggen beast! I currently have 10-15 tabs/documents up and it's still trucking along. Usually it'll slow down a lot after opening a few files, but for some reason tonight it is on its A game.
-that I'm not sleepy. I'm going to grab some coffee in a minute, but my body is still willing to stay up
-that this is my last test in this class! To be perfectly honest, I did not enjoy it. Maybe I will look back and wish I put more into it, but all I can think of is the chaos and confusion I had to deal with on a daily basis with 100 dental students running around and sawing things.
-music. It is keeping me sane at this point while I try to get my act together.
-Jesus! That he gives me perspective, and helps me realize that there is more to life than studying and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment