Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Probably the only reason why I remember specific details about where I was when the 9/11 attacks occurred was because people kept saying that I, along with every other American, would. Nevertheless, the memory exists: I was in my 9th grade Spanish class, sitting at the far side of room. Someone knocked on the door and privately spoke to the teacher. Nobody noticed anything different for a few minutes, but then our teacher broke the news to us about what had just happened in New York. Shortly after, the principal made an announcement on the intercom saying that we were all allowed to stop class and turn on the televisions to watch the news. That was when I watched the Twin Towers fall repeatedly, as more and more information gathered during the looping images.

No comments:

Post a Comment