Monday, February 27, 2012

Belted cardigans

One fashion pet peeve I have is when people belt their open cardigans!

J. Crew

It's supposed to "accentuate the waistline", but in doing so, makes the front look frumpy. Look how the material puffs out of the belt, and the fact that it's unbuttoned makes it appear unstable, as if the cardigan is about to shift out of the belt, or backwards, unflatteringly. Also, it takes away the functionality of the cardigan itself. Maybe that's my fundamental problem with this.. I dislike it when clothes have fake, sewn-on buttons or pockets that don't work, etc. If you're going to wear it, it needs to be able to do its job 100% whether you plan to use it or not! Basically, I hate that the cardigan looks trapped when it wants to be free as a little bird.

dailylook.com
Much better. I suppose this is more of a blazer that has some structure, which isn't a good comparison to a cardigan, so...

dailylook.com
Still better than belting it.

Aaaaaaaand so ends my fleeting study break.

No comments:

Post a Comment