Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My taste in music

I'm very fickle in terms of the music that I like. I will like some songs from a musician, but then abhor the rest of his/her/their discography. So it's hard to answer questions like "What do you like to listen to?" or "Who are your favorite bands?". It's not that I don't have an opinion on what I listen to, and am actually quite ruthless in my selections, but there are very few artists that I can say I enjoy a majority of their songs.

Thus, it's a treat when I realize that I genuinely like an entire album, and realize that I wholeheartedly, truly am a fan of a musician.

Which leads me to: The National.



I've heard a song from them here and there, but I can't believe it's taken me this long to go through Trouble Will Find Me. The heartache, the melancholy, the introspection, the loneliness in tone. Swoon.

Definitely one of the bands I list the next time someone asks me about my favorite music. Problem solved, done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment