Monday, October 22, 2012

Mid-semester reflections

It's been awhile, blogosphere.

I'm officially on fall break after taking midterm after midterm after midterm. Seven to be exact. That number goes up to ten tests during finals. :O

I knew going into it that this would be a hard semester, but I still feel like a hot mess, while my classmates seem to thrive and stay on top of things. Though I know I shouldn't compare-perhaps there are some who are ducks in a pond, paddling hard underwater while looking cool and collected on the surface.

It just seems like the minute I think, okay, I know what I'm doing, everything falls apart or some random curveball gets thrown at me. I'm tired of it. This two-day break isn't enough to recover from all of that.

But maybe I'm being too hard on myself. I'm not failing anything, and if I stay focused I can probably do quite well this semester.

I think the number one mantra I need to remember is that school is not my life. My worth is not in school and grades. It doesn't matter what others think of me.

Sometimes it's difficult to remember the above when I'm in that competitive, dental-y environment 40+ hours a week though.

No comments:

Post a Comment