Thursday, December 29, 2011

Farewell 2011

It's been a long year. It's funny how some years, I'll say "I can't believe it's already the new year!" but this time, January 2011 seems like eons ago. I could barely remember what I did back then, but after my yearly rummage through journal entries, it all came flooding back to me..

January
2011 started off ROUGH. A lot of insecurities manifested in me while dealing with school and work related stress.. I actually forgot that I worked this year until now. Being a dental assistant seems like a long time ago, or one of those things that I think "did I really do that?"

February
Still did not catch a break.. I'm sure that the winter season did not help, but I sunk into this depression that was again, partially work and school related.

"it's hard to talk about it with people, because they already know i've been "meh" since coming to richmond.. i'm afraid they'll just think it's just another shade of feeling the same.."

I didn't really talk to people about this, but I remember praying a lot this month. Looking back, I wonder if getting me to talk to God and depend on him again was the point.

March
A better month.. I went on a trip to Miami with two of my very good friends, so how could it not? :) And overall just mixing it up a little in my life..

April
Slugged through school and work, and entertained ideas of going to Korea and other opportunities.

May
With a sigh of relief, finished my D.5 year, bought a plane ticket to the motherland, and started wrapping up things at work.

June
Korea! I've exhausted this trip in this blog, but that month I got reacquainted with family members, and did a lot of touring and exploring with my mom.

July
Taught English for a couple of weeks. This is yet another gig where I'm like "was that for real?" I've had a lot of interesting jobs in my day. :)

August
Started D1 year. Sawed through body parts.

September-December
For now, a blur. The highlights, if any, will probably be more clear as the dust of my memory settles, but all I remember for now is studying a lot and testing a lot. And getting my bearings in school, but I still feel like I'm doing that. Actually, I did take a spontaneous trip to NYC a couple of weeks ago, and my little brother graduated this month so I suppose those are December's recap.

Around this time last year, 2011 was mostly a question mark. Beyond spring semester, I didn't know what I would be doing in the summer, or what dental school would officially be like. 2012 appears to be more predictable in those respects.. not to mention the looming end of the world in December.. just kidding.. or am I... hehe.

Season's greetings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment