Monday, December 10, 2012

Good teachers

I am currently in the midst of the agony that is more commonly known as finals. This is my second and last week, but after starting out strong, at this point I'm burnt out and just dragging myself to the finish line.

But thank God for understanding teachers. For example, I had an exam this morning at 8:00am and set my alarm clocks accordingly the night before. However, tell me why I wake up, and IT IS EIGHT O'CLOCK. In blind panic I make my roommate drive me to school, hoping that I have enough time to take the test, if I can even take it at all. One of my classmates calls me asking where I am, and to hurry up.

As soon as I make it to the test room, the only proctor I see is one of my favorite teachers, Dr. J. He's this little old man who talks really fast, so sometimes it's hard to understand him, but gives great instruction. And needless to say from this episode, he is exceptionally kind. He gives me an individually prepared exam, and starts going on about not to worry, I have plenty of time, that I only lost ten minutes, and makes sure I'm all settled in. I can honestly say it made a big difference in how I took the test, as opposed to interacting with someone who might have been irritated that I was late.

Afterward, when I turn in the test, he tells me, "Did you have enough time? We were all so worried and wondering about where you were, but I'm glad you're fine."

Yeah. We need more people like this in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment