Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Simple songs and coffee

Little pleasures of the day.


The Shins-Simple Song. I'm obsessed with this song today.

"I know things can really get rough, when you go it alone
Don't go thinking you gotta be tough, and play like a stone."

At first I was just in like (as opposed to in love) with the first verses melodically, but at this part, it turns into classic Shins at their best. I can't even handle it. Such a well crafted love song, but these two lines in particular resonate on a human level, no?


Homemade iced coffee! This is a useless picture, since you can't even see what I'm drinking, but trust me, it's a delicious concoction of coffee, milk, sugar, and ice ice baby. It makes me shake my head at myself for constantly paying $2 and change for this at Starbucks, though I like to think of the payment as an entrance fee for my hours upon hours of loitering.

w00t. Thank you God for music and cold beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment