Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goldilocks of the blogosphere

I had a xanga.
But it became a little too old-fashioned.

Then I made a blogspot.
But then I made it into this iron-gated, impenetrable fortress that nobody ever read.

So then I tried tumblr.
But it was a little too hipster for my taste. I would write in it, and then feel like I wasn't using it properly because I never "reblogged", or "liked", or posted ironic/culturally relevant pictures.

And then I realized that blogspot was just right. So I'm back!

I've been thinking about how quickly time flies. I can't believe that the school year is almost over. Seems like a second ago that I got that acceptance letter, when in reality it's been over a year now.

So I'm making a humble attempt to publicly journal something every day for a year. Hopefully it'll keep me from zoning out for weeks on end, only to wake up and ask myself where all the time went. I want to be engaged in my daily life!

I've been running outside a lot lately, on account of the WARM weather! I recently found this cool trail kind of near my apt that I try to go to as much as possible, but it's still a good 15 min walk away. Today, there was a chance of rain so I decided to keep it local and just run around my neighborhood. Going out for a run during sunset is one of the most peaceful, joyful pleasures in life. It's addicting.. but my legs do not appreciate it so much. They are so sore right now.. but it's a good pain. Makes me feel like I'm getting stronger.

I hope I have internet/computer access for the next 365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment